- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce (according to your spice preference)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Preparations Tofu and Sauce
1. Slice a block of tofu into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices on several sheets of paper towels on a plate and cover with additional sheets of towel, place another plate on top. Microwave for 6 minutes. Check the towels. Change the towels another time and microwave again until the tofu is turning into a nice toothy texture. Cut the prepared tofu into cubes and set aside.
2. In a food processor (I use my mini processor for this) combine all ingredients for Teriyaki Peanut Sauce. Processor until thoroughly combine and garlic is incorporated. Pour sauce in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a wok or pan for stir fry, heat up 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Stir fry the tofu for a few minutes until nicely browned. Removed from pan and add to the Teriyaki Peanut Sauce.
1.Stir fry veggies, broccoli first for 2 or 3 minutes, then squash and carrots for additional 2 or 3 minutes. Add remaining veggies and cooked another 2 or 3 minutes.
2. Add a splash of sriracha to the veggies.
3. Add the tofu and sauce to the veggies and heat through everything for another minute.
Serve with brown rice.