A wonderful way to use rhubarb in the spring and summer, although any time since rhubarb and be frozen. This recipe was shared with me over 40 years ago! It is a family favorite.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup butter, room temp
- 5 T Confectioners sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup flour
- 4 Cups diced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 Cup butter, room temp
- 2.5 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- In a food processor, process the first butter, flour and confectioners sugar until crumbly, not smooth. Sprinkle in a 9 x 11 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- In food processor, process the 1/4 cup butter, 2.5 tablespoons confectioners sugar and 1/3 cup flour until crumbly, set aside. (This is the top crumble.)
- In food processor, combine eggs, cream cheese, salt, sugar and 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour (use the larger amount when using frozen rhubarb.) Add in diced rhubarb, pulse to blend.
- Pour rhubarb cheese mixture into baked crust. Top with reserved crumble.
- Bake 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees until top is firm and just slightly starting to brown.
- Cool in the refrigerator completely before cutting into squares. May be frozen after cutting.