A friend told me about this yummy recipe that is her go to guest dish. OMG this is so good I could eat it every day..not just for special occasions! I did find the caponata and artichoke hearts (kosher) at http://www.pastene.com.
2-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onion (undrained)
1 – 7-ounce jar eggplant caponata
1 teaspoon salt, divided
Ground pepper to taste
1 16-ounce container low fat cottage cheese
2 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, well drained
1.5 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 8-ounce package no boil lasagna noodles
1. In food processor pulse tomatoes, eggplant caponata and 1/2 teaspoon salt, coarsely chopping
2. In a clean processor bowl, process cottage cheese until smith. Add artichokes, 1/4 cup Parmesan and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse quickly to coarsely chop artichokes, season with pepper.
3. Spread one-third tomato mixture in a lightly oiled 8 x 11 baking dish. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread half the cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Cover with 3 noodles. Spoon on half the remaining tomato mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
4. Cover with 4 noodles and remain gin cottage cheese mixture.
5. Top with 4 noodles and remaining tomato mixture.
6. Cover dish and bake for 25 minutes and 425 degrees or until bubbling. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes more until cheese has melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.