2 cups dried kluski noodles (or egg noodles) cooked and drained
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, limas)
2 cups fresh white mushrooms, halved
2 cups chopped onions
1 can mushroom soup mixed with milk to make 2 cups
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (low fat or regular)
2 cans tuna drained (almost 2 cups!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
panko crumbs for topping
1. Sauté mushrooms with NO oil until browned and liquid reduce, add to a big bowl.
2. In the same pan from the mushrooms, sauté onions with a teaspoon of oil until nicely brown, add to the bowl.
3. In same bowl add noodles, frozen veggies, mushroom soup/milk liquid, cheese, tuna and salt. Gently toss to mix everything.
4. Spray a square baking pan with olive oil spray (or your choice). Pour the mixture from the bowl into the pan.
5. Sprinkle panko crumbs across top of casserole and spray with olive oil spray
6. Bake 350 degrees for one hour.
7. Let casserole rest for 15 minutes before serving.