A delicious go to soup for a hearty meal. Easy to make for a quick dinner. Makes about 12 servings. Serve with warm bread. Enjoy!
2 large carrots
2 ribs celery
1 medium onions
2 clove garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 cups vegetable broth
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
2 (15 ounce) different cans beans drained and rinsed (your choice: kidney, canellini, garbanzo, pinto, black)
1 and 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 tablespoon dried basil
1.5 teaspoon dried parsely
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup uncooked whole wheat/whole grain pasta (elbows, rigatoni..your choice) cooked and drained and set aside.
1. In food processor chop carrots, onions, garlic and celery.
2. In large soup pan, cook chopped veggies until tender in tablespoon of oil.
3. Add broth, sauce, tomatoes, beans, cabbage and seasonings, stir to mix.
4. Simmer about 1/2 hour until cabbage is tender.
5. Add cooked noodles, simmer to heat noodles through.
6. Serve with grated parmesan cheese