I actually end up using whatever veggies I have on hand; you can include your favorites as well.
1/3 Cup natural peanut butter
1/2 Cup water divided
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oil (canola, olive, grape seed..you choose)
1 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1.5 pounds broccoli crowns cut into small pieces
1 large red bell pepper sliced thin
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Mix peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy and vinegar until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add broccoli and cooke until beginning to soften and brown in spots, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup water and 1 Tablespoon soy to the pan along with the bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring until the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut sauce, season with crushed pepper and garnish with peanuts.
- Serve with brown rice if desired.