We used to love this salad from Whole Foods. This, I think, is a great replication.
12 ounces penne pasta, cooked and rinse with cold water
2 cups packed baby spinach, washing, microwave for 1-2 minutes, drain and finely chop
1 – 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers sliced
8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese diced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 and 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and ground pepper to taste
Mix ingredients for dressing well. Combine salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over the pasta and combine well. Best to refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight. Serve cold.
I love the buttermilk pancakes I have posted, but this one was so much easier and very very delicious! No need for buttermilk, the vinegar makes the milk into a buttermilk like substance. Makes 5 pancakes, so double or triple as needed. Of course add bananas, chocolate chips, nuts or anything you like to make your pancakes fancy..I like them plain with syrup.
1 cup white whole wheat flour (can use all purpose if preferred)
2 Tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoon white vinegar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Combine dry ingredients well. Combine wet ingredients well. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium high heat.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, using a spoon or fork to blend. Stir until just blended, do not over stir. Pour or scoop batter onto griddle, brown on both sides and serve hot.
I actually end up using whatever veggies I have on hand; you can include your favorites as well.
1/3 Cup natural peanut butter
1/2 Cup water divided
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oil (canola, olive, grape seed..you choose)
1 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1.5 pounds broccoli crowns cut into small pieces
1 large red bell pepper sliced thin
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Mix peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy and vinegar until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add broccoli and cooke until beginning to soften and brown in spots, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup water and 1 Tablespoon soy to the pan along with the bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring until the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut sauce, season with crushed pepper and garnish with peanuts.
- Serve with brown rice if desired.